Welcome to Essential Escape Massage! Thank you for visiting!
If you're looking for ultimate relaxation and a healthier you, you've come to the right place! Abbey L. Rhoads, L.M.T. with Essential Escape Massage is committed to fulfill your comfort and satisfaction in every massage session.
Massage has been found to improve circulation, joint range-of-motion and flexibility. It can also reduce many common causes such as stress, muscle tightness, aches and pains - even anxiety and depression.
This is your time to relax and escape.
Choose from a variety of services:
- Swedish/Relaxation Massage: This is the most common type of relaxation massage, which can be a full body or applied to a specific area on the body. Elongated, sweeping, generally lighter relaxing strokes are performed during the session. This technique is good to start out with for your first experience to see what best suits you.
- Deep Tissue Massage:Targets deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. Deep tissue massage consists of much slower and friction techniques across the belly of the muscle. Tends to be beneficial for clients that are recovering from a injury, experiencing chronic pain with tight muscles, and postural problems.
- Trigger Point Massage:Trigger points are very sensitive or tender points in a muscle caused by tension and usually refers pain to a different area of the body. This technique involves applying a specific amount of pressure into the trigger point until it releases itself back into the relaxed muscle. Trigger points can be the main cause in tight muscles, and clients generally experience relief when they are released.
- Sports Massage:Active? Sports Massage can be very beneficial if you have an active lifestyle. Preventing and treating muscles from injury is the focus in this technique. A combination of techniques are used, and the focus is to treat muscles that do not have as good of flexibility and prevent an unwanted injury. Assisted stretching can be used and the goal of that is to relax the muscles and increase flexibility. Clients who are diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fascitis, and tendinitis can find relief and benefit from this technique as well.
- Pre-natal/Infant Massage:While a woman is pregnant her body undergoes numerous changes physically as well as physiologically. The physical changes can cause stress and or discomfort to the mother. Massage can be a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, such as low back pain, sciatica, and reducing edema (swelling). Prenatal massage also promotes relaxation and a sense of well-being. If the client has a ''high risk" pregnancy it is advised to check with an OBGYN for a written approval.
- Myofascial Release Massage:Myofascial involves techniques that include compression, effleurage, skin rolling, scar tissue release and friction. Helps in the break down of adhesion's that occur in muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Chair/Corporate Massage:Chair massage in the office has become very popular among several businesses. Chair massage is portable, clients remain fully clothed, which enables them to feel more comfortable, and gives the opportunity of receiving a massage during the work day. Five to ten minutes has been proven to be effective to reducing stress and relieving aches and pains.
Employee Benefits: Decrease Stress, Increase Immunity, Improve Circulation, Reduce Muscle Pain, Relieve Headaches/Migraines, Improve Thinking, Lower Blood Pressure, Enhance Flexibility and Awareness, Reduce Anxiety.
Employer Benefits: Increase Productivity, Improve Retention Rates, Decrease Absenteeism, Lessen Stress and Ergonomics Related Injuries, Reduce Muscle Pain, Lower Stress Levels
- Hand/Foot Massage:A technique that specifically targets points on the feet, hands or ears and stimulates a reflex activity of the nervous system. This technique relieves stress, pain and muscular tension.
- Warm Bamboo/Rattan Massage: This technique, with warmth of bamboo and tapping of rattan tools, allows Abbey to apply deeper pressure to muscles by using sliding, rolling, kneading, and levering techniques while covering a broad area all at once. Warm Bamboo/Rattan massage assists in improving circulation, sensory nerve perception, and lymphatic drainage and provides a deep sense of relaxation and well being.
30 Minutes: $35.00
60 Minutes: $60.00
90 Minutes: $90.00
Chair Massage: $1.00 per Minute
All service types are the same price, except Warm Bamboo Massage is $10 more for full body and has to be a minimum of a 90 min. session. The price changes only in the amount of time you request. If you feel that you just want Abbey to focus on certain areas of the body such as just the upper body that is OK too.
Gift Certificates Available!
Call 515-402-3343 to make an appointment with Abbey today & receive $15 off your first 60 min. to 120 min. session!
Have flex spending or a Health Savings Account? You can use these for the cost of your massage!! Abbey will simply just give you a receipt for you to turn into your insurance! Several of Abbey's clients already benefit from this!
*Cash, Check & Credit Cards accepted at this time.